Monday, July 28, 2014

Amsterdam: A Visual Diary



Amsterdam, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Milan, Paris in 16 days.
KC and I both agreed that Amsterdam was our favourite out of them all. The overwhelming smells that came from the many coffeeshops weren't too pleasant, but we loved everything else about Amsterdam. The cycling culture, fancy cafes, crispy fries with curry sauce, calm canals and beautiful floating houses.  



The red light district was an eye opener. I found it so interesting that I visited the area twice in 2 days. I've only got one photo of the area because the women are not animals in an enclosure that you can photograph (their pimp might beat you up lol).







The lovely resident cat, Patsy



















I had one of the best burgers I had ever tasted, a thick Wagyu burger from Lombardo's.








Stroooop waffles


Amsterdam's famous "ice cream" which was essentially just... stabilised cream or something. It wasn't cold, so seemed a little strange. But I love the perfect little scoops (and I'd love to work there as a scooper haha).








Fries with curry sauce and onions, SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment