Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Salon Vim


Was getting increasingly frustrated with my stick-straight hair so I paid Kat a visit at Salon Vim and trusted her to add some texture into my hair. 


The problem I had with my stick-straight hair was that it looked very flat and lacked volume. Also, since it was nice and smooth and straight, I had a habit of running my fingers through it and combing it out, which caused an increase in hairfall :/ With the curls, I'm forced to not comb my hair when I'm stressed/doing my work cause that'll ruin the curls I spent so long styling in the morning. (Don't get me wrong though, it's important to comb your hair even if it's curly, else it'll become a tangly mess! It's just that I have a bad habit of combing my hair every few mins.) 


Kat used the Loreal Xtenso Moisturist (hair softener) for my digital perm. 


I also coloured my hair a shade lighter than usual! And of course, Kat pampered my chemically processed hair with the Redken Chemistry Cocktail Treatment. The treatment included a concoction of extreme, colour extend and all soft and a "soft & strength" hair mask, specially customised to suit the needs of my hair. 



And after 5 hours... I'm done! Totally in love with Kat's brown+pink hair btw <3<3


 



 

Hair looks so much fuller now!


Admittedly, curls are pretty hard to maintain. I've to blow my hair every morning by sectioning my hair into two parts, twisting each section, scrunching it into a ball and applying heat, as above. 
Tip: For more elaborate curls, section your hair into more parts, twist and apply heat to each section.


After which, I apply 4 pumps of Loreal Mythic Oil (I swear by this) and Redken's Curvaceous Ringlet curl enhancing cream so that the curls stay all day. This is important because the curls I've got are pretty loose.

They've got services to suit your every need, so make your appointment now – 6884 7757/68847767 for 313 Somerset or 6837 0073/6837 0045 for Bugis :)

12 comments:

  1. http://jezebel.com/5479980/american-beauty-a-brief-history-of-abercrombies-hiring-practices

    what do u think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did you pay for the whole hairdo? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sponsored, but it should cost about $200+ :)

      Delete
  3. hi collette where are you studying at ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi collette.
    May I know the brand and price of the blow dryer that you use please.
    thank you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Rowenta Elite Model Look one! About $40+ if I'm not wrong. I don't recommend it though! Not liking it very much...

      Delete
  5. Hi! Really love the dress that you wore to the salon! Could you tell me where you go it from? Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon: Thank you:) it's one of my favs haha. Got it from Supre quite a while back.

      Delete
  6. Hi Collette! I know this is lag but I absolutely adore your hair - did you get highlights or did you just colour the whole head? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sorry for the late reply!:( I coloured the whole head!

      Delete