Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Social Film – The Beauty Inside

Followers of my Twitter account would’ve come across my tweets about a “social film” called “The Beauty Inside”. When I first heard about it, I was quite intrigued. To be honest, I’ve never heard of “social films” before Intel & Toshiba introduced The Beauty Inside. So I watched the trailer and found out how it actually works.


A few seconds into the video… “The first film where anyone could play the lead role.”
I thought to myself: How on Earth could this be possible when we all live on different parts of the world?
And then it hit me – Social Media. True enough, this film will be streamed on none other than Facebook’s timeline. And everyone has the chance to be part of it. Simply audition for the lead role here: 
It’s so fascinating to see how technology can connect aspiring actors all over the world. Wouldn't it be cool if you see one of your Facebook friends star in this?! 8)
The film is directed by Sundance award-winning director Drake Doremus, and the cast include Topher grace (Spider-man 3, Mona Lisa Smile) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Final Destination 3). If you’ve signed up for the auditions, you’d have a chance to star alongside these names *gasp!*
It’s a really interesting concept – I wouldn’t have thought that the Facebook timeline could be a platform to showcase films. Check out the trailer here: bit.ly/NcBOTk and the first episode here: 
The film is about a guy, Alex, who wakes up every day as a different person. One day he is a 50 year old Caucasian female, another day he is a 20 year old Chinese male. As much as he struggles with keeping track of who he is (which he does by keeping a video diary using his webcam on his Toshiba laptop) his biggest challenge is countering loneliness.

You can catch the second episode right here: bit.ly/Oa4H22

The second episode is about him falling for a girl, but will the girl fall for the old man?
Ok enough spoilers from me. I promise that you'd be hooked – I can't wait for the next episode! And seeing the responses on YouTube, I'm definitely not alone haha other YouTubers have been raving about it and playing the first episode on repeat, simply because they crave for more. Good things must share, so go watch it and share it with your friends!:)


This post is brought to you by Toshiba & Intel. To learn more about the Toshiba Satellite M840, join the conversation at
http://www.facebook.com/ToshibaNotebookPC



No comments:

Post a Comment