Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meme It Like You Mean It


If you follow me on Instagram, you'd probably remember my meme entry:



These genius memes were generated by Toshiba to
commemorate the launch of their new Satellite M840!
Memes seemed to have taken the world by storm after 9gag became popular. Well, at least that was how I (and many of my friends in fact) learned about memes. Memes, pronounced "meems" not "me-mes", exist in different variations. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, here's an introduction:




And this factory shows how the memes are distributed and how they become internet sensations!





The three colours - Blue Horizon, Gold Blaze and Pink Blush are equally attractive.





Being the pink freak that I am, I immediately said, "I want the pink one!" (as above) when I learnt about the three available colours. Then I took a look at the brochure and decided that I'd like the Gold Blaze instead because it was such a unique colour. However, when the Blue Horizon was presented to me as a loan set, I had to reconsider my choices - it's an unusual shade of blue that seemed closer to turquoise to me, and I love turquoise:) Geez I really wouldn't be able to pick a colour if you asked me to.


My sentiments exactly, haha!





And yes, I wish they were colour-changing so that I could have Pink Blush on one day, Blue Horizon on another and Gold Blaze for the night.
Truth be told, your laptop will turn heads no matter which colour you pick.





And this meme aptly illustrates this!
Here are some other creative memes by Toshiba:


Star Wars reference hehe. As mentioned, this one's one of my favourites:D





Self-explanatory. The ever famous novel and movie by Nicholas Sparks.




Haha don't we all do this? Especially when our parents decide to check up on us, or our lecturers walk behind us in class.





The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...and three pretty laptops! Are you drooling over these yet?

This post is brought to you by Toshiba & Intel. To learn more about the Toshiba Satellite M840, join the conversation at http://www.facebook.com/ToshibaNotebookPC

No comments:

Post a Comment